Our client, a firm in Lakewood that represents a wide range of associations, is seeking a 4-6 year Transactional Attorney. This is a great opportunity to join a firm that has developed a culture of thoughtful, proactive, and results-oriented work.
Transactional Attorney Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze association governing documents, statutes and case law, contracts, insurance policies, real estate documents and maps in order to advise, counsel and provide legal representation to clients
- Drafts documents to provide legal representation to clients, including contracts, opinion letters, governing documents, rules, easement contracts, and licenses
- Performs legal research using available resources, libraries and data systems
- Formulates and issues well-founded written and verbal opinions to clients
- Effectively conducts negotiations to resolve matters on behalf of clients
- Advises and communicates regularly with clients in person, via phone, e-mail and written correspondence regarding the status of their matter
- Attend board and annual meetings when appropriate, often during evening hours
- Participate in firm marketing initiatives and business development efforts, including but not limited to participation in educational programs provided by the firm to clients and management companies
Transactional Attorney Qualifications:
- License to practice law in Colorado
- Approximately 4-6 years of progressively more responsible transactional experience in the following areas: real estate, non-profit, corporate governance, contract review, fair housing, employment law and torts
- Analytical skills necessary to conduct complex/detailed analysis of legal matters
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a diverse group of clients, attorneys, and staff and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary in order to effectively communicate in person, in writing, by e-mail and telephone with Association managers and board members who have little or no legal training or knowledge
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and legal research software. Experience in case management and billing software a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and ability to capture time
Pay and benefits are competitive. Please respond with your resume and brief cover letter if this sounds like the an opportunity you would like to pursue!